Application Guide of Residence Permit for Personal Affairs for Foreign Citizens in Chongqing 咨询电话Information Telephone：63961944
周一至周五 上午 9:00－12:00 下午 14:00－17:00
Working Hours in the Division:
Monday－Friday 9:00－12:00 AM 14:00－17:00 PM
Contact List of Exit-Entry Administration Bureau (EEAB) Visa Application Points in Chongqing: Website http://www.cqga.gov.cn
Application Guide of Residence Permit for Personal Affairs for Foreign Citizens in Chongqing
Ⅰ. Applying for Residence Permit (Extension)
Family members planning long-term visits to a foreigner who works or studies in Chongqing, or a foreigner who has to stay in Chongqing for some personal affairs, can apply for personal affairs residence permit at the exit-entry administration of public security organ. Family members include a spouse, parents, sons or daughters under 18 years old, and parents of spouses. Besides, those foreign students who are willing to come to Chongqing for innovation and entrepreneurship in China (Chongqing) Pilot Zone of Free Trade and who have, within one year, graduated from higher education institutions in Chongqing or from colleges or universities directly under the ministries and commissions of the Central Government in other provinces or municipalities in China and gained the bachelor’s degree or above, may apply for residence permit for personal matters in which “entrepreneurship” is specified. A face-to-face interview and the following additional documents are necessary:
1. Original and photocopy of a valid passport and visa;
2. The original Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued and sealed by a local police station, or a hotel registration issued and sealed by a local hotel;
3. Visa Application Form for Foreign Citizens accurately filled in with a black-ink pen, to which is attached one recent, unobstructed, full-faced, 2-inch visa photo; and a valid Receipt of Exit-Entry Photograph from a local photo studio authorized for digital exit-entry photographs;
4. For applicants who visit foreign employees in Chongqing: (1) certificate of family relationship or kinship, specifically described as marriage certificate, birth certificate and adoption certificate issued by the competent authorities of the state; certificate or notarization of kinship issued by Subdistrict Offices, Local Police Station, Personnel Departments of Chinese government or foreign embassies in China are required; (2) photocopies of the information page and visa page of the employee’s passport and Foreigner’s Work Permit, For foreign citizens engaged in cultural or physical activities, the document of approval of performances issued by cultural and physical administrative department and relevant letters and name lists are required to be present ; (3) Chinese official letter issued and sealed by receiving units in Chongqing, describing the basic information of the receiving units and the applicant, purpose of visiting China, time and place of staying, exit-entry scheduling and warrant to abide by relevant laws during stay in China; For people who hold non-S1 visa: The certificates of family relationship or kinship issued by foreign competent departments or notarization departments and required to be accredited by Chinese embassies abroad or foreign embassies in China;
5. For applicants who visit foreign students in Chongqing: (1) certificate of family relationship or kinship, specifically described as marriage certificate, birth certificate and adoption certificate issued by the competent authorities of the state; certificate or notarization of kinship issued by Subdistrict Offices, Local Police Station, Personnel Departments of Chinese government or foreign embassies in China are required; (2) photocopies of the information page and visa page of the foreign student; (3) Chinese official letter issued and sealed by schools or colleges, describing the basic information of the receiving units and the applicant, purpose of visiting China, time and place of staying, exit-entry scheduling and warrant to abide by relevant laws during stay in China; For people who hold non-S1 visa: The certificates of family relationship or kinship issued by foreign competent departments or notarization departments and required to be accredited by Chinese embassies abroad or foreign embassies in China;
6. For applicants with other personal affairs, proof of details of private affairs or humanitarian entry reasons: For Chinese of foreign nationality aged 60 or over purchasing a house in Chongqing are required to show (For those applicants who were once possessed with Chinese nationality, PRC Passport, ID card, household registration certificate, the certificate for cancelling household registration and the certificate of renouncing Chinese nationality are required.): applicant’s notarized certificate of house ownership or notarized house purchasing contract and documents certifying the applicant’s source of income; for aliens who receive any sort of proper medical care: certificate of hospitalization or proof of medical reception with a duration of over six months issued by medical institutions above county level or of class A level 2. The accompanying members should be family members, and a certificate of family relationship and proof of accompanying issued by the institutes above should be submitted;
7. For foreign students who come to Chongqing for innovation and entrepreneurship in China (Chongqing) Pilot Zone of Free Trade: graduation certificate and diploma issued by higher education institutions in Chongqing or by colleges or universities directly under the ministries and commissions of the Central Government in other provinces or municipalities in China, personal application letter, business plan or certification documents about starting business, and bank statement that can cover the expenses needed for living in Chongqing for two years;
8. The foreign citizens over 18 who apply for Residence Permit in Chongqing for the first time are required to provide the health certificate issued by Chongqing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (Chongqing International Travel Healthcare Center);
9. In case of visiting a foreigner working in Chongqing and his or her receiving entities having not finished the registration in the local exit-entry administration, the following materials shall be submitted: (1) the proofing materials on the qualification of the inviting and receiving entity, (2) the letter of commitment signed by the legal person of the receiving entity, (3) photocopy of the legal person’s ID card, (4) original and photocopy of the undertaker designated by the receiving entity and (5) an official letter which states clearly that the receiving entity has consigned some employee as the undertaker to accompany the applicant to the exit-entry administrative organ for the visa application;
10. Other additional formalities and documents required by the exit-entry administration of public security organ.
Ⅱ. Residence Permit Re-issuance
Foreign citizens whose visas are lost, damaged or stolen in China, can re-apply for visas at the exit-entry administration of public security organ. Apart from the documentation listed in Part I, a face-to-face interview and the following additional documentation are necessary:
1. For applicants whose visas are lost or stolen: a certificate of loss report of passport or a diplomatic note presented by their states’ embassy or consulates to China and a new passport;
2. For applicants whose visas are damaged: the damaged passport or a diplomatic note presented by their states’ embassy or consulates to China and a new passport.
Ⅲ. Important Reminders
1. All the originals (A4) are required for inspection and verification and all the photocopies (A4) for retention.
2. All the application documents not written in Chinese should be translated into Chinese by a qualified translation company before submission.
3. Applicants with Chinese household registration (hukou) cannot apply for visas until their cancellation of registration; they are required to provide the certificate of registration cancellation issued by the local police station.
4. Chinese of foreign nationality under the age of 18 who apply for the residence permit for the very first time are required to provide their birth certificate, their parents’ passports and certificates of permanent residence abroad.
5. Applicants who want to extend visas must present an application 30 days in advance before the expiration of visas;
6. Whenever the registered item in a foreigner’s residence permit has changed, the holder shall, within 10 days from the date of change, apply for the alteration and provide the supporting materials;
7. Applicants can reside in China temporarily with a receipt for acceptance within 15 working days as their supporting documents for international travel are kept for visa extension, renewal or re-issuance;
8. Entities that issue written invitations shall be liable for the authenticity of the contents;
9. Applicants and their relative receiving units or individuals are required to cooperate with the staff from the exit-entry administration of public security organ when they verify application reasons by face-to-face interviews, directory inquiries or on-site investigations;
10. Decisions are final if the exit-entry administration of public security organ determines not to extend, renew or reissue visas, not to issue certificates of permanent residence for foreign citizens, or not to extend the intended date of their entry into China;
Ⅳ. Processing Time
The exit-entry administration of public security organ shall not determine an application for permission until 15 working days (investigation time excluded) after the date of receipt of all the valid application documents.